I just received my first blog award from Katie at The Intrinsic Writer. Thank you Katie!
Katie blogs about, you guessed it, writing. I actually came across her blog through She Writes, and have enjoyed following along since then. She offers helpful advice, links to other resources, as well as a look at her own inspirations.
I don’t know Katie personally, but she is a conscientious blog friend, and has some great insights. Go check out her blog when you get the chance.
On to the Liebster Blog Rules:
1) Answer Katie’s thought-provoking questions.
2) Come up with my own set of questions for another set of bloggers
3) Find 11 more
suckers bloggers, with less than 200 followers, to answer my questions and receive an award. (I actually only have 8 other people, but that makes them even more special 🙂
1. What’s your favorite flower?
My favorite flower is yellow roses; they remind me of my mom. It has to do with a time when she sang “The Yellow Rose of Texas” to me when I was a little girl and it is one of my favorite memories of her.
I also love Indian Paintbrushes. I believe this is the prettiest wildflower you can find, and I plan to plant some in my yard for the spring.
2. If you could go back in time and see one artist or band LIVE in their prime, who would it be? Why?
This is a hard one. There are so many great 80’s hair bands I could choose from here :). I guess if I really could pick one band to see live it would be The Beatles; I was named after a Beatles song after all.
According to “Pulp Fiction”, people can either be classified as an Elvis person or a Beatles person, but my mom defied that. She loved both.
3. What’s the meanest thing you’ve ever done to someone? Do you regret it?
I’m not really a mean spirited person, but I guess the meanest thing I’ve ever done was trying to sabotage my step-brother’s room when I was little. I was mad at him, so I poured stuff around his room to make it stink when he came back.
I do regret it, partly because I got one of the worst spankings I had ever received in my life after that one.
4. Name five celebrities you’d kill if murder were legal.
I wouldn’t really want to murder anyone. There are plenty of celebrities that I think are useless people, but no one deserves to be killed just for being useless. Now if I could send 5 celebrities to a deserted island where no one would have to hear from them again, it would be Lady Gaga, Lindsey Lohan, the Kardashians, Roseanne, and Rosie O’Donnell (plus several others).
5. Name three or more celebrities people have said you look like.
I was once told I look like Brittney Spears, which I don’t see at all. I can’t think of any others people have mentioned before.
6. What was your first car?
My first car was a 1990 Ford Tempo. I got it when I graduated from high school, and it lasted me about 8 years. I drove this car even after I had to put the bumper back on with dry wall screws after someone rear-ended me and after the hood got dented where it was almost impossible to open and close because it flew up as I was driving on the highway one rainy day.
7. What is your favorite time of day? Day of the week?
My favorite time of day is early in the morning when I have time to work on my book without anyone else being awake. I get a chance to just have quiet and I love it.
My favorite day of the week is Sunday. It is such a peaceful day.
8. What is your favorite emotion? Least favorite?
My favorite emotion is happiness. Who doesn’t want to be happy after all?
My least favorite emotion is anger. I don’t like what anger can do to the body and I don’t like to feel like I could lose control of myself. There is always a danger of losing control of yourself if you get too angry.
9. What was your favorite age? Or, the best time in your life?
I think right now is the best time of my life. I am happily married to a great man, I have a loving daughter and two step-daughters, I have learned to let go of my past to some degree, and I like life as it is.
10. What parts of your body hurt the most?
I would have to say my back hurts the most. This is mainly my fault as I have let myself get over-weight, but I am taking steps to remedy this fact.
11. What is your greatest vice?
I guess my greatest vice is my lack of patience. This is something I have struggled with my whole life, and while I have made great strides in this department I am still very much lacking. I hope one day to be one of those easy-going people who just lets things go, but until then I will take my victories where I can get them.
And on to my questions:
- What book is your favorite, and which character in this book do you most relate to?
- What is your favorite band/ artist from the 80s?
- If you could do anything you wanted, without worrying about the consequences, what would it be?
- What are you most afraid of that keeps you from accomplishing your goals?
- What cartoon was your favorite as a child?
- What song would you consider to be your theme song? What song do you most relate to?
- If you could meet anyone from the Bible, who would it be and what would you want to discuss with them?
- Do you like printed books or e-books better? Why?
- Who is the most interesting person you have ever met?
- If you were going to participate on a reality TV show, which show would you choose? Why?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you want to go?
The Bloggers I Chose to Pass the Award on to:
Jennifer @ Jllefort
Carole @ caroleavila
Stefani @ Investing in a Child
Chareen @ Every Bed of Roses
Amberlee @ AmberleeClark
Sharleen @ Avidd Reader
Have fun with the questions, you chosen 8.